Scholarship Description: The University of Alberta is delighted to offer its Killam Trust Scholarships to pursue doctoral programme or thesis research during the fall and Winter Terms. The scholarship is exclusively open to international students.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for Doctoral programme or thesis research.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in all the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: $35,000 a year, in addition to the International Graduate Student Differential Fee associated with registration in 18 fee index units (or equivalent) in courses or thesis research during the Fall and Winter Terms, or in Thesis 919, if applicable, or with the annual program fee as determined by the date of admission to the doctoral program. Recipients receive a certificate acknowledging their award. Subject to renewal in year two of the award.
Eligible Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have completed at least one year of graduate work (master’s or doctoral level) before start of tenure.
Deadline: February 15, 2018
Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
Application Procedure: Students complete the combined Killam and Andrew Stewart Awards application form and submit supporting documents to their department.
- A complete Killam and Andrew Stewart Awards Application includes:
- For Applicants: Killam and Andrew Stewart Applicant Instructions.
- Killam and Andrew Stewart Application Form.
- Two Letter of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards.
- Transcripts (if you have attended institutions other than the University of Alberta, copies of official transcripts are acceptable.
- Please request these well in advance from your department or the department may request it from FGSR, if necessary)