Scholarship Description: Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship in Solid State Chemistry. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme. Two positions concern the thin film growth as the main emphasis and a third one is dedicated to their analysis and characterisation.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: The Post-doctoral fellows will cover the fields of:
- Sputter deposition of intermetallic thin films,
- MBE layer by layer growth of intermetallic thin films,
- Characterisation of thin films,
- Angularly resolved photoelectron spectroscopy
Scholarship Benefits: Our Working Conditions
- Contract of 24 months, renewable for a further 12 to 36-month period.
- The salary will be according to the conditions of the German federal labour agreement (entry level TVöD-13).
- The MPI-CPFS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Eligible nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Your Profile, Skills, and Experience
- Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, materials, or closely related science obtained less than 3 years ago,
- A strong background in thin film techniques is essential,
- Proficiency with other complementary laboratory techniques as mentioned above is desirable,
- Experience with research at large scale facilities,
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff at the border between physics and chemistry,
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize,
- English proficiency (working language in the group),
- German is of advantage for communication with our technical personnel.
English Language Requirements: English proficiency (working language in the group), German is of advantage for communication with our technical personnel.
How to Apply: This call is open up to 31st March 2018, or until the positions are occupied.
Please send your complete application documents to Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher.